MDCH – 24 Hour Informed Consent for Abortion
The State of Michigan requires that certain information be made available to those seeking abortions at least 24 HOURS prior to their abortion procedure.
These documents are available online as well as through our office. Please click here for more information.
Detroit patient instructions help you prepare for your visit:
- For confidentiality purposes, each patient must call and schedule her own appointment.
- Bring your 24-Hour Consent confirmation page
- You (and your guest) must bring a valid ID with you to the office.
- If you are using health insurance of have state assistance, bring your insurance card with you. If you are paying with cash or credit card – payment will be due before any services are rendered.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or chew anything beginning at midnight on the night before your appointment.
- Do not use drugs or alcohol for 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothes for your appointment. Bring with you a change of underwear, and 2-3 sanitary pads.
- If you are opting for twilight or general anesthesia, you will need an escort to drive you home.
- You may bring one guest only with you to the office.
- If you are under 18 years of age, contact your local office to ask if there are additional requirements for minors.
When you arrive:
- You’ll be greeted at the reception desk and asked to fill out paperwork listing your contact information, medical history, and other important information.
- If someone is dropping you off and returning later, they must first come into the center to sign paperwork stating they will return to pick you up.
- You’ll meet for a medical intake session and undergo lab work.
- You will receive a pelvic exam/ultrasound to determine length of pregnancy.
- All women will have a counseling session to discuss their decision and to answer any questions or concerns. You will be advised on what to expect during and after your surgical or medical abortion, and go over all instructions you may need. You will also have an opportunity to discuss birth control options.
Our well-trained and caring staff will be with you throughout the entire procedure.
All patients will be asked to present appropriate identification. Proper identification protects all patients in the event of an emergency, allows for follow-up care if needed and helps insure confidentiality.
Phone counselors are available to answer questions about clinic services and to assist patients with payment arrangements. Many health insurance plans, after proper verification, can be used to cover the costs, and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and Discovery) are accepted.
Our fees are reasonable, with discounts for students and women on Medicaid.
Immediate appointments are available after obtaining 24-hour wait info — Click Here
Appointment days are Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday mornings.
|Monday||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||7:30 am – 1:30 pm|