How to make your appointment
Two ways to set up an appointment:
- Call Summit Medical Associates (404) 607-0042
- Between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
- 8:00 am and 2:00 PM on Saturdays
- Or use our online Request An Appointment form and a staff member will contact you by phone within 48 business hours.
Of course, you’re welcome – and even encouraged – to call us with any questions you may have prior to actually scheduling your procedure.
Before your appointment
- Do not eat, drink or smoke anything as instructed when making your appointment. This includes candy, ice, gum, and water.
- Leave all valuables, such as your watch and jewelry, at home.
- Plan to be here several hours.
- Allow time for your preliminary examination, lab work, personal and financial counseling, and the procedure itself.
- You may pay with cash, American Express, MasterCard or Visa, debit cards or care credit at the time of your appointment.
- No personal checks.
- If you have insurance coverage, please call our financial counselor to make arrangements in advance.
- Minors (17 and younger) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. We will need a copy of birth certificate and picture ID from both patient and parent. The patient’s name must match on both the picture ID and birth certificate, or bring proof of name change (such as marriage license).
After your appointment
- Use pads for 1 week after the procedure; using tampons increases the risk of infection.
- AVOID vaginal intercourse for 1 week after the procedure and when you resume intercourse make certain to use condoms.
- Rest and only light activity on the day of your procedure. You may resume your normal daily activities gradually.
- AVOID strenuous activity, especially bending and lifting for approximately 1 week.
- You may shower, bathe, and swim as desired.
- The majority of patients will have a period by 4-6 weeks after the procedure has been completed. If it has been more than 6 weeks and you have still not had your period, call our office to schedule an appointment to be seen.
A member of our medical staff is on call 24 hours a day for questions or concerns. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions or to discuss any problems that occur after your visit.