Summit is still LEGALLY providing abortion care.
We offer the Abortion Pill (medication abortion)
The State of Georgia enacted a law about abortions. It requires patients to make appointments by phone at least 24 HOURS before your requested abortion date. To set up an appointment call or request an appointment online.
Summit Medical Associates
Mon – Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sat 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Use our pregnancy calculator to estimate how many weeks pregnant you are. In other words, the number of weeks from your last normal period.
Summit Medical Associates offers abortion services in compliance with GA law
Atlanta abortion services are performed under general or local anesthesia. Providers are state licensed, board certified or board eligible OB-GYN physicians.
Medication Abortion / 1st Trimester Surgical
- A non-surgical abortion commonly known as the “Abortion Pill“
- Two medications are used for abortion pill
- Health education is a very important part of the medical abortion process
- Medical abortion allows the patient to have the abortion in the privacy and comfort of her home
What is the right method of abortion for me?
- State licensed, board certified or board eligible OB/GYN physicians perform all abortions.
- Before the abortion, providers thoroughly examine every patient.
- Our doctors take a complete medical history. We do this to make sure that you have no health problems that would make an abortion unsafe.
- A sonography technologist performs an ultrasound on every patient. This is the best way to determine length of pregnancy.
- Finally, the lab assistant takes a small blood sample and checks your iron level (hemoglobin) and in some cases, blood type.
24 hour emergency telephone number – (404) 607-0042
A licensed provider is on call in case a patient has any concerns. She can also answer urgent questions after you are discharged from Summit Medical Associates.
Follow up exam is unnecessary with a routine, uncomplicated abortion. However, if you would like reassurance or have any concerns, a follow up appointment is free within 4 weeks of your abortion.
Acceptable Payment Methods
We take cash, American Express, MasterCard or Visa. We do not accept personal checks or money orders.
Summit also accepts some insurance. If paying by insurance, please call and let us know at least 3 days before your appointment. This way, we can verify your coverage.