“Abortion is an essential component of comprehensive health care. It is also a time-sensitive service for which a delay of several weeks, or in some cases days, may increase the risks or potentially make it completely inaccessible. The consequences of being unable to obtain an abortion profoundly impact a person’s life, health, and well-being.”- ACOG
As a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) emergency, all Summit Centers have instituted extra health and safety precautions to ensure that patients will still have access to this essential healthcare.
Until further notice the following policies will be in effect at our offices:
- We will no longer be accepting walk-ins for any service; all entering the building will be by appointment only and will need photo ID.
- Only the patient will be allowed to enter the building, we can no longer allow guests to accompany the patient.
- All patients will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 by phone when making their appointment.
- Before entering the building, everyone will have their temperature taken and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Whenever possible we ask that you pay with credit or debit cards rather than cash.
- We ask that, whenever possible, you print your informed consent paperwork at home and bring it with you. If you need to pick it up, we ask that you call ahead to arrange that. (Michigan only)
As always you can count on the highest level of disinfection and cleanliness in our facilities. In line with CDC recommendations, we have implemented many extra levels of disinfection until this public health emergency has ended. All of our staff and healthcare providers will be screened daily for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms and anyone with any signs of illness will be immediately sent home.
At Summit, the safety, health and well-being of our patients and staff are our highest priority.